I am not sure what to call this area now that there is hardly any water left. This morning it was a wet grassland with some ground fog and heavy dew. The bird composition has changed from my last visit so still an interesting place. I found no Bobolinks or Dickcissels. Didn't see or hear any Sedge Wrens in the parts I was at but there are probably still some around. I did hear a Marsh Wren and found several House Wrens. I mostly birded around the edges of brushy - willowy habitat. A surprise, and new for the list, were two Ovenbirds that perched about fifteen feet up in a dead tree for awhile. Other Warblers seen were Yellow-throated - kind of a surprise too - Nashville, Tennessee, Orange-crowned, Wilson's, Black& White, and LOTS of Common Yellow-throats. The latter were all over, sometimes had 3 or 4 in view while listening to others. There were alot of Indigos and Goldfinches too. Several Hummingbirds were feeding and chasing in a big bunch of Thistles. Heard Several
 Bell's Vireos still singing - one in a duet with a Warbling Vireo. A few Red-eyed moving around and many Catbirds and Thrashers. Only Sparrows were some Song and my FOS Lincoln's. A Cooper's Hawk flew over and several young Bobwhites flew up as I was leaving.

   I watched a flock of about 50 Nighthawks swirling around town midday yesterday before they climbed higher and disappeared. There were still quite a few calling over town as I came home tonight. I always miss them when they're gone.

  Later, Steve Kinder
   Chillicothe, Livingston Co., Mo.