I ran down to Fountain Grove CA, Linn/Livingston Co. this morning before work. Found a nice feeding flock of Warblers that included;

  Golden-winged
  Black-throated Green
  Chestnut-sided
  Wilson's
  Nashville
   Tennesee
   Am. Redstart
  Black & White

   There were also Red-eyed ,Yellow-throated, and Warbling Vireos that I was able to ID in same area. May have been other Warblers, etc since it was one of those times you didn't know where to look next with so much activity. Other birds I observed at same place and time included;

  Rose-breasted Grosbeak
  Ruby-throated Hummingbird
   Grey Catbird
   Brown Thrasher
  House Wren
  Eastern Pewee
  Least Flycatcher
   Blue-grey Knatcatcher
  Cardinal
   Chickadee
   WB Nuthatch
  Carolina Wren
  Downy Woodpecker
  Northern Flicker
   Red-headed Woodpecker
   Goldfinch
   Field Sparrow
  Mourning Dove

   A Red-shouldered Hawk was calling loudly just to the South. In addtion to all this,  since it was opening day of Dove Season it sounded like a war zone down there! I must have heard a hundred shots in about half an hour!  The mosquitos were very active too.

  Next I drove on down the road to another place near the old RR tracks. I warched a male Mourning Warbler feeding in some low vegetation along the road for several minutes. Found Red-bellied and Hairy Woodpeckers in the woods nearby plus Bluejays, Indigos, and others.
  Saw Kingfisher, PB Grebe, BW Teal, Sora, Song Sparrow, Bank Swallow, And RW Blackbird at nearby Wetland pool.

   Did a quick drive around Che-Ru lake on East side of area. Saw Great Egrets, GB
  Herons, Cormorants, Pelicans, RB Gulls, Forester's Terns,Canada Goose, Wood Duck, and Spotted sandpiper. Feeding over the water and lining utility wires were hundreds of Tree Swallows. These should be massing over the cornfields in the Locust creek bottoms soon.

  Swung by Bittern marsh Pool before heading home to check on shorebirds. A few Killdeer and Peeps, and some GW Teal and more Pelicans were about it . Saw a Kestral and several Eastern Kingbirds along the way. Even made it to work on time! Whew!

  Heard many Nighthawks over town this evening.

   Later, Steve Kinder
  Chillicothe, Livingston Co.