MOBirders:

Today I rambled through several counties trying to see some FOYs for me.
HIghlights were

Boardwalk at Otther Slough:

Hooded Warbler -- Male displaying, singing (rather softly) for several
minutes.
Kentucky warbler
Northern Parula

At Sikeston I saw Leslie Keith Koller's
SANDHILL CRANE  -- I drove by several times and failed to locate it.  Just
as I was about to give up
                            and come back later in the day, I felt eyes on
me.  It was about 40 feet away
                            max!

Stilt sandpipers in flooded area at Hwy 60 and 153 near Parma. In with
little blue herons, etc.

Black-crowned night herons -- 11 of them I saw at 10 Mile Pond. FOY for me.
6 were mature, 5
                                         immature. There were also about 50
great egrets in the first big pool
                                         along with great blues, little
blues, semipalmated sandpipers, etc.

Saturday I made a  pass through Mingo.  Located a GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER in a
big sweet gum tree just across the bridge on Flat Banks Road. I have found
Flat Banks to be a very reliable place for golden winged warblers.  There
were also n. parulas, chestnut-sided warblers, and one prothonotary warbler
there.

Judy Bergmann
Rural Wayne County

Windows Live Spaces is here! Itís easy to create your own personal Web site.
  http://spaces.live.com/signup.aspx