Sending out the hounds, are you?
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Diana Manister
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: Eliot and Biography

Well Peter, being capable of coyness yourself, surely you can appreciate Eliot's dropping clues that he knew might be pursued. Diana

From:  Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Date:  Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:57:45 -0700
All interesting information which we have been through countless times on
this list,
But the Marie in the poem has her own existence as a part of the art form,
just as
Stephen Dedalus in Portrait Of  The Artist has his own existence and is not
simply an autobiographical presentation of Joyce.
  If the biography of the original Marie were relevant, it would be in the
poem.
P.