Sending out the hounds, are you?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Diana Manister
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 2:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Eliot and Biography

  Well Peter, being capable of coyness yourself, surely you can appreciate Eliot's dropping clues that he knew might be pursued. Diana

    From:  Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
    To:  [log in to unmask]
    Date:  Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:57:45 -0700
    All interesting information which we have been through countless times on
    this list,
    But the Marie in the poem has her own existence as a part of the art form,
    just as
    Stephen Dedalus in Portrait Of  The Artist has his own existence and is not
    simply an autobiographical presentation of Joyce.
      If the biography of the original Marie were relevant, it would be in the
    poem.
    P.