--- Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> TWL as well as Prufrock are so fraught with explicit
and implicit examples of fear and loathing of women,
their smells, their nerves, of their supposed
emasculating intentions, the horror of the domestic
entrapment women represent, etc. etc. that however you
phrase it his narrators do not like women. Why a poet
would create such narrators if in fact he did not
share these feelings is a question I cannot answer.
Diana

Why did Marguerite Yourcenar write about gays if she
herself was a lesbian? Why has she often been accused
of writing about weak women, when she was "fiercely
proud, independent, and resourceful woman" (as some
describe her)? I don't see the point of such
questions...

Dunja

P.S.
I don't see at all why Prufrock hates women. His
horror is (at least how I see it) a horror of human
finiteness, and of the love condemned to the borders
of this in-time-packed life.