        Diana,

  I was reflecting this morning upon "tat tvam asi"
  as a viable heading for a philosophic exploration of
  the central consciousness in Eliot's poetry. Maybe
  you have this in mind.

  "THAT thou art" -- that is what you are -- but that
  THAT manifests itself in Eliot's poetry in so many ways.
  And it's a very interesting subject to probe. Not that
  it has not already been probed -- but maybe not
  enough. It can never be enough, though!

  I'm sorry I forgot to mention the link:

            www.customtoolbarbuttons.com/en_google_toolbar_buttons/Tat_vam_asi

  Regards.

  ~ CR

Peter, perhaps someone can correct or confirm my understanding of "tat vam asi" as meaning thusness, givenness, uninterpretable suchness, the opposite of "fancies that are curled /Around these images, and cling...." Diana

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2/min or less.