A great statement, that!

  This has been my view all along. And I have been
  delighted to find its confirmation in the pronouncements
  of great poetic masters -- like Sri Aurobindo in the East,
  and Matthew Arnold, WB Yeats and TS Eliot in the West.
  Yes, it must be during irresistible moments of poetic
  inspiration that intuitive knowledge came to the sages.
  And in the genesis of religion must have lain the
  wellsprings of poetry.

  It's interesting in this context to think of what Eliot
  had to say about the composition of 'What the
  Thunder Said' which, he said, came to him in a
  moment of absolute spontaneity -- not a word
  was altered subsequently.

  Regards.

  ~ CR

Vishvesh Obla <[log in to unmask]> wrote:   I have always felt that it was the fundamental poetic
spirit of mankind that created the religions than the
vice-versa. Religions are, perhaps, only a commentary
of the unquenchable poetic spirit of mankind : the
commentary always having the possibility of subjective
interpretation and distortion, but the spirit always
remaining the same.