'on
> reading only a few pages of
> Kearns, which I picked up at lunch, I get a rather
> different impression of
> his take on Eliot'

It is a she and not a 'he':)  Earlier there was a note
that there was an article by the same name of the
book.  Just to avoid further confusion.

A few articles by her that could be of general
interest here are at :

http://www.infinityfoundation.com/indic_colloq/papers/paper_kearns.pdf

http://www.svabhinava.org/friends/CleoKearns/Prayer-frame.html