I'm sorry but your remark, "Eliot, though an imaginative genius,
  had his own divisive vision. Alas." is rather off-the-cuff, Diana.
  There should be no confusion on this count if one reads
  Lyndon Gordon's "Eliot's Early Years". I got my basic
  clarity on the subject from it.

  Regards.

  ~ CR

        CR wrote:  The human mind is so divisive; only Imagination harmonizes, synthesizes, and unites/fuses into one.

     CR: Yes, I agree. The world is terribly deficient in imagining oneness. Monotheisms proliferate, with dire effects. Reason and/or spirituality never hold their own against our species' violent territoriality.( I wonder how unitary Unitarianism really is?) Eliot, though an imaginative genius, had his own divisive vision. Alas. Diana