--- Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I take it you buy into the French view that the text
exists apart from the human being that created it.
Perhaps that old scenario of monkeys typing texts can
be updated to computers creating texts unrelated to
human experience, leaving readers in solipsistic
bliss. > Diana

It does not exist apart from the author, it exists in
spite of him/her.
And so, it can be interpreted (!) as independent from
them, i.e. from their psychological state of mind.
Otherwise, we don't respect the genius of the author.

Dunja