Ok, friends, maybe you are just on two different sides
of one(!) simple-complicated dialectic :)

--- Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

---------------------------------

Peter, now you are being coy. That is better than
glib. I believe I am improving you with my scolding,
which is my intent!

Diana

Ah yes, but existence of what?
P.
Peter, your verb implies existence. Diana

Peter wrote: It is rather simple that the ultimate
particle suffers from non-existence.

I accuse you of unnecessary, if entertaining,
complexity.
P.
> Peter I accuse you of glibness. Heidegger and Sartre
wrote volumes on
> non-existence. Holderlin took it as his main theme.
Hamlet struggled with
it
> for an entire play. Eliot in the Four Quartets
contemplated non-existent
> children that in some way tormented him. And on and
on. If everyone agreed
> with your assertion, literature for one would be
less extant (that is,
lost
> somewhere in non-existence.) Best, Diana
>

> From: Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Conversations in Bloomsbury (Eliot and
India)
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:51:23 -0700
>
> Non-existence is simple.
> P.

simple and non-existent,
no?
>  > Diana
>  >
>  > The ultimte particle, of its nature, is simple.
>  > P.
in which he says "the
>  >  > essential nature of the material world is that
it is not material."
>  > sense
>  >  > that there is a connection with that and the
statement that there is
> no
>  >  > ultimate particle. If your understanding lends
itself to
verbalization
>  > and
>  >  > you feel inclined to expand your intriguing
two-word hint, I'm all
> ears!
>  > Or
>  >  > was that the verbal equivalent of the guru's
smile? Diana
>  >  >
>  >  > From: Peter Montgomery
>  >  >
>  >  > "There is no ultimate particle," he said with
a  smile that
>  >  > hinted at an understanding I'm still trying to
get my mind around
and
>  >  > probably never will!
>  >  > ===============
>  >  > It's simple.
>  >  > P.
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > --
>  >  > No virus found in this incoming message.
>  >  > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
268.11.4/424 - Release Date:
> 8/21/2006
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
>  > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Release Date:
8/21/2006
>  >