--- Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Would "deep physicalism" allow for the resolution of
the subject-object dichotomy on that level? Perception
of the duality might be as illusory in that system as
in the Vedas! Diana

===============================

What do you exactly mean by "the resolution of the
subject-object dichotomy"? I'm not sure I understood
that bit... In any case, according to the "strong"
versions of physicalism, everything in the world can
be explained by means of physics, including the mind.
In other words, mind is just another physical system,
and in so far, we don't have the mind/body dualism
anymore.

Cheers!

Dunja