> Marcia Karp wrote:
>
> How do you know before the facts of AT's breakfasting what the import
> might be?

I could be surprised, I admit, and Pope has some fine lines (sneered at
by Arnold if I recall correctly) in one of his satires giving the source
of some of his food, but I remain skeptical of the import of AT's
breakfast menu. As I remarked in an earlier post Alan Seager speculated
(probably with tongue in cheek) as to how Eliot's love of cheese might
relate to a costive output. Still . . . .

Carrol

P.S. Perhaps Tennyson's Ulysses left home because of discontent with the
breakfasts Penelope provided.