I was away for a couple of weeks, so I missed a few threads.  My  favorite
cheeses are cheddar and brie.  As for breakfast, I take it that  Eliot liked
omelets with cheese.  An amusing coincidence, at least I  consider it so, that my
dog also prefers cheddar and brie.  She won't touch  the others.  She abhors
Swiss for some reason.  A couple of years ago,  my father was visiting us, and
one day during his visit, I invited some cousins  who live on the Florida
East Coast as well as a few of our friends for  dinner.  I had fixed up a large
platter for appetizers consisting of  Cheddar and Brie Cheese along with a
shrimp dip and various crackers and fresh  veggies.  I had placed the platter on
the coffee table in the living room  where we were all gathered.  Soon after,
someone has expressed in interest  in seeing my garden.  I led the way. It
seems everyone wished to see it,  for everyone went outside . . except the dog.
Yes, you guessed it.   When we came back it, we were just in time to witness
her wolfing down the last  particles of the platter.  She greatly enjoyed it.
As for my own breakfast habits, although I like both eggs and cheese, I
rarely have them for breakfast.  During the week, I have a cup of coffee  and most
often, an apple.  Sometimes, I'll have a fruit salad.  During  the weekend, I
have a cup of tea and a small pastry or slice of cake along  with an apple.
It may be interesting to note what Eliot liked to eat, for  breakfast, and
generally, but I don't see any relevance.  Whether he  liked a full American
breakfast or a cup of coffee and a cigarette isn't  particularly relevant to a
discussion of his poetry.  However, I will  make an educated that no matter his
breakfast desires, Viv didn't  fulfill them.

Regards,

Kate

In a message dated 9/3/2006 9:56:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,