And apparently "devise" and "divide" are etymologically kissing cousins.
Just the same, with all due respect to the OED, I'm thinking that in most
people's minds "divisive" means what the OED lists as meaning #2. I'm
reminded that "objective" and "subjective" at one time meant what each
other now means. Using them that way today would be, perhaps, divisive. And
even the OED lists no "devisive."