From:  cr mittal <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Re: Eliot and Unitarianism
Date:  Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:48:51 -0700

I'm sorry but your remark, "Eliot, though an imaginative genius,

had his own divisive vision. Alas." is rather off-the-cuff, Diana.

There should be no confusion on this count if one reads

Lyndon Gordon's "Eliot's Early Years". I got my basic

clarity on the subject from it.

Regards.

~ CR

CR wrote:  The human mind is so divisive; only Imagination harmonizes, synthesizes, and unites/fuses into one.

 CR: Yes, I agree.
The world is terribly deficient in imagining oneness. Monotheisms proliferate, with dire effects. Reason and/or spirituality never hold their own against our species' violent territoriality.( I wonder how unitary Unitarianism really is?) Eliot, though an imaginative genius, had his own divisive vision. Alas. Diana