Hey Gang, it is that time of year again so let's start planning for the annual pilgrimage to Camp Cloverpoint.

1. Lots of new stuff this year to complement our long and storied schedule of events, including pelagic tours on Saturday and Sunday morning, a guided wildflower and native plant tour over at Ozark Caverns, and a motel that gives us a special rate.

2. Two guest speakers on Saturday night, now this is a a show you don't want to miss. The title alone should make you want to attend: "Birders making a difference".
Our own Jerry Wade will also be present Saturday evening to answer any questions about MoBCI for 2007.

3. Friday evening after dinner we will listen to Steve, Larry, and Edge tell us about their week in the Big Wood Swamp looking for Elvis. Followed by our own Patrick Harrison who will bring us up to date on CACHE and Andy Forbes talking about our states progress with the IBA program. CACHE and IBA,s are two projects close to this birders heart, I am looking forward to seeing what is new.

4. A couple of reminders.

*. Don't forget to register, either using the on-line form like I did, or the registration form tucked into the new Bluebird.
*. Don't forget to bring a camp chair, your favorite bottle of wine or beer, and a log for Saturday's night bond fire.
*. Make a list so you don't forget something like your medicines, toiletry items, shower shoes, binoculars, rain gear if you are lucky enough to be on one of the pelagic tour, and most of all yourself, for without you the fall meeting just won't happen.

5. a couple of other surprises are in store but I am keeping quiet about them until the fall meeting.

See you at the lake.
Mike