Ian Hunt found a SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER in South St. Louis co. Friday
evening about 7:15 PM.
Gender unknown of the bird.
In was located on Horan Drive in front of the Riverchase Recreation Complex
in Fenton.
Take I-44 south/west and exit onto South Bowles.
Go past the QT/McDonald's/Krispy Kreme to the next stoplight at HORAN Drive.
Turn left and go down this road about half mile to an open area with the
Local UAW building in front and the Rec Complex behind the UAW hall.
It was seen only once here on the wires while Ian was driving down the road.
Return visits gave negative results.
He has driven down this road multiple times and this was the first time he
has seen the bird.

We went there AM early, looked around the complex and down other streets and
did not see the bird.
There are multiple places to perch, so it could be anywhere.
It is nice a buggy here (swallows, swifts and other birds in the area) so it
MIGHT hang around.
Please note this road is well traveled and part of an Industrial Complex, so
Sundays might see less traffic.
Weekdays would be VERY busy.

Good birding,
Charlene Malone