Dear Mentor Birders,

My Boss has given me this Friday Off (With Pay!!! - This is a Very Rare
Occasion!!!), and I'm Thinking about taking the Day to go out on a Birding
Trip... I would like to Ask All of you for Suggestions as to where I should
go, I am willing to Drive around 3 Hours (Maybe a little More...) away from
Columbia, Boone County, MO, and of course here and there afterwords... I do
have to Work on Saturday, so I have to Return Friday Evening, which is why
I have the 3 Hour or so Limit...

I'm Leaning toward the St. Louis Area (B.K. Leach - for the Rails &
Horseshoe Lake - for the Ruff/Reeve), but with All their Troubles, I'm not
sure if I should...??? I would like to See, or at least, have the
Opportunity to See (I am still a Beginning Birder...) as Many Interesting
Birds as I can, though there are also Countless "Common" Birds that I
Haven't Seen as well, so a Place/Places that have a Wide Variety of Birds
would be Great!!! Any Ideas or Suggestions???

I would Sincerely Appreciate Any of your Suggestions as to where I should
go on my Day Birding Trip. I don't get too many Days Off during the Week
(Sunday is my Only Day Off...), so I want to make use of it as Best I
can!!! Thank You in advance for your Ideas and Suggestions, I Look Forward
to Reading them!!! Please Take Care.

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Columbia, Boone County