     Spent the morning running down the river, starting up at BK Leach where
I didn't see anything of much interest in either the Bittern Basin or Kings
Lake units.  From there I headed on down to Winfield which held a little
more variety although it took some work to pick up too much.  Out on the
river on the single sandbar close to the parking area/dam were a number of
Double-crested Cormorants and Ring-billed Gulls along with 4 FORSTER'S
TERNS, 2 Common Terns, and about 20 Black Terns.  Also on the sandbar was a
Spotted Sandpiper in the companty of 1 RUDDY TURNSTONE.  The slough
continues to have a number of shorebirds although nothing different other
than 2 Greater Yellowlegs was present over the past couple days.  The best
sighting came on my drive back to Winfield however when an UPLAND SANDPIPER
decided it liked Hwy. N a lot and was just running down the centerline near
the intersection with Big Box Rd., it just watched me as I drove past and
allowed me to get quite close as I returned and sat and watched it for a
bit.  Best look I have had at that species in some time.

Scott Schuette
Troy, MO / Tucson, AZ