We've eaten bison for the last three or four years.  For  western Missouri
birders, there is a bison farm just south of Belton, MO  with the bison marketed
at the downtown Kansas City City Market on Saturdays,  and at the farm.  They
also sell a cookbook. I might add that there is  often pretty good birding
along the gravel road to the farm.

We've found bison sold at Whole Foods market in Overland Park on Metcalf  and
about 93rd Street as well.  The farm near Lindsborg, Kansas is a good  source
for mail order.  Their address is on the Internet.

Good birding to all - the Orchard Oriole nest just outside my office door  is
occupied by two little ones growing bigger daily as Mon and first-year male
bring food constantly.  Two mockingbird nests and the red tailed hawk nest
have fledged for the year.  Eastern and Western Kingbirds both in the  oriole
nest tree this past week.  Very productive for a government  office.

Cheers,
Marilyn & Jerry Finke
Kansas City, MO