Charlene states (to St. Louis area birders),  "Didn't think there
were any areas that would need a checklist..."

Of course most/all large conservation areas in the St. Louis area
have checklists.  BUT, the question becomes, when were they developed
and how current (therefore, useful) are they?

One of the strong points and raison d'etre for CACHE is that the
checklists generated thereon are DYNAMIC.  That is, they are up-to-
date and evolving.  We all know that whatever the cause, bird
populations/ranges are changing.  What was common or rare at, say,
Busch CA in 1995 may not be so today.

To date, only 13 people have submitted bird sightings for Busch C.A.,
and 3 of them are Columbia birders!  The response of St. Louis
birders for this and other St. Louis area sites is
uncharacteristically lackluster.

Carlene concludes with, "Or maybe, a separate checklist for the
Weldon Springs CA in St. Charles co......??"

Hey, folks there is already a checklist for Weldon Springs on CACHE!
And, sadly, it reflects the same number/ratio of input as for Busch.

Only with input from birders can CACHE reach its potential and
deliver the best products:  current, dynamic checklists.  Your input
is important; you can make a difference--but only if you take the
time to enter your sightings or send/give your list to someone who
will do it for you.

At least look at the CACHE site on the MOBIRDS ASM website and get an
idea of what a valuable tool this can be.  If you have problems
navigating the site, email Patrick Harrison. He'll guide you through
it.  If I can do it, anybody can!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO