Hello Mobirders...  Yesterday, May 28th, I birded the bootheel and then slowly made my way back to St. Louis.   Here are the highlights:

  Donaldson Point CA, New Madrid County:
  1 Singing SWAINSON'S WARBLER.  The bird sang numerous times, but I never could see it.  However, Joe Eades re-found it this morning singing and was able to observe it.
  4 Mississippi Kites

  Ten Mile Pond CA, Mississippi County:
  5 Blue-winged Teal males still remain.
  4 Hooded Mergansers.
  ~10 Least Terns
  Did not see any shorebirds
  1 Loggerhead Shrike

  In East Prairie I did not see the White-winged Doves, however that area had quite a lot of activity going on, so they were probably just elsewhere for the time I was there.  From East Prairie I drove through the rice fields over to Otter Slough.  None of the rice fields have water in them yet.  Most looked like the rice was just starting to come up.  So, they should be good in a couple weeks.

  Otter Slough CA, Stoddard County:
  A couple late ducks.  1 male Ring-necked Duck and 1 Gadwall.
  A few shorebirds, mostly Semipalmated Sandpipers and at least 2 Short-billed Dowitchers.
  30+ Little Blue Herons, including 5+ calico's.
  1 Common Moorhen
  3-4 Bell's Vireos

  Duck Creek CA, Bollinger County:
  1 Common Moorhen
  1 Pied-billed Grebe

  Quarry in Ste. Genevieve County:
  2 Black Vultures mixed in with about 10 Turkey Vultures.

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

Photo Gallery:  http://www.surfbirds.com/albums/index.php?cat=10005