Riverlands MBS, St. Charles co, early Sunday evening.

EARED GREBE was still out in Ellis Bay, about even with the 35 MPH sign past
Heron Pond on Riverlands Way rd.

The molting AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER was still at the Duck club pond.
Some peeps were there, but difficult to view even with a scope - too much
heat distortion.

While I am thinking about this................
Um........Just a friendly reminder that the Duck club pond, the "parking
lot" and the two brown semi trailers (area between Red School Road and the
Confluence Rd) are all on *private land*, NOT part of Riverlands.
I can understand out-of-town birders not knowing this, but local birders
really have no excuses.
Please respect the private landowners property borders in this area (the
relationship between birders and landowners in this area has been tenuous
enough over the years, please don't add to it.)
With all the burglaries and other yahoos these people have to deal with,
probably best to watch where you tread. :-)

Glad everyone had a good time at the ASM meetings.
The fall-out gods took a break, but sounds like good birds where still had.

Good Spring birding,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.

P.S. Saw that there is a PAINTED BUNTING in IOWA.
Maybe our Katy Trail bird decided to take an extra long trip this time. ;-)