I stopped by Union Ridge for a while this morning. Did not have the
same luck people from other locations are reporting today with
warblers... only saw two (Nashville and Yellow) and only heard a few
more, all heard were residents (Ovenbird, Parula) except for TN. There
were a few songs I didn't recognize, but with the 20 mph winds trying
to find birds was pretty tough. One Henslow's Sparrow was singing near
the parking lot at the savannah area.

At the marsh I had a little more luck. I found 5 Dunlin, a couple
peeps, and a few yellowlegs. At one point I heard a Red-winged
Blackbird make a strange noise and all the shorebirds took off in a
tight little flock and started wheeling around. I looked up and there
was a PEREGRINE FALCON (sweet!) flying west of the marsh. I wonder if
it's the same one I saw 10 days ago there or another one passing
through.  I also flushed a Sora.

There was only one Yellow-crowned Night Heron in the rapidly-drying
fluddle west of the marsh about 8 AM. I checked again at 11 AM and it
was gone.

Kind of a bummer the winds worked out the way they did, I was hoping to
get Union Ridge's  CACHE checklist above 150 before I went home for the
summer. Once I get today's stuff in it'll probably be around 145.

Phil Wire
Kirksville, Adair Co.

Phil Wire
Truman State University