I spent about an hour in Mt. Washington Cemetery this morning. It was cold
and windy, but bright and clear. The wind and the heavy leaf cover made it
difficult for the hearing-impaired birder. Nevertheless,  I got the
following:

Tennessee Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Parula Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
Myrtle Warbler -- several still singing
HOODED WARBLER - 1 singing away
Swainson's Thrush -- many
Gray-cheeked Thrush
VEERY - 1
Chipping Sparrow -- a large migration

I went on to Country Club Park (Norton St. dead ends at the park's parking
lot about 2 blocks north of 32nd) looking for the YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT
HERONS I have seen there at this time of year in several years. I was not
disappointed. One nice adult YCNH was wading in the stream.

Country Club Park is a very small park with some nice oaks, which have been
good for warblers in past seasons. Not much there today, but I did have
Myrtle Warbler -- male
BAY-BREASTED WARBLER -- adult female
1 unidentified warbler with  a yellow breast.

We had a clear night, but north winds apparently prevented much warbler
migration. They may just sneak through this year, as they often do when
night migration conditions are adverse during the peak travel times.
Neverthless, I'm still hoping for a big push. If the wind changes by May
15th, we may yet see it.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri