This morning I led 10 of the participants to and through the Lost Valley Trail and other parts of Weldon Springs CA (St. Charles County) for the ASM spring meeting.  All in all the birds were not very active and very few breeding and non-breeding migrants were observed.  However, we all had a great time (I hope we all did) and still heard/observed many great birds.  By the end of the morning we totaled 66 species at Weldon Springs CA.  Here are the highlights:

  Lost Valley Trail:
  Many Acadian Flycatchers
  4-6 Great-crested Flycatchers
  2 Yellow-billed Cuckoos heard calling.
  1 Wood Thrush seen, others heard.
  1 Swainson's Thrush heard singing.  Others observed a Gray-cheeked in the parking lot.
  Red-eyed, Yellow-throated and White-eyed Vireos
  2-Cerulean Warblers, only one seen
  Only 1 Northern Parula total for us and it was only heard.
  3-4 Yellow-throated Warblers
  3 Louisiana Waterthrush
  Ovenbird, Worm-eating, Blue-winged, Tennessee and Kentucky Warblers only heard.
  Both species of tanagers, A male Scarlet gave everyone great looks.
  1 Black-throated Green Warbler was heard only
  Flyover Sharp-shinned and Red-shouldered Hawk

  Across from Frances Howell High School:
  1-adult male Blue Grosbeak gave everyone great looks through the scope.
  1-Prairie Warbler was heard singing

  Weldon Springs Trail--"Blue Grosbeak Trail"
  Many Bell's Vireos
  ~15 Bobolinks
  2 Dickcissels
  Yellow-breasted Chat heard calling

  Sure I am missing something.  Feel free to add on!

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

Photo Gallery:  http://www.surfbirds.com/albums/index.php?cat=10005