I checked on the Long-eared Owls this morning. All the young ones are out of the nest now. Saw the last one from second nest sitting high up in pine tree near the nest. Not sure how many from that nest, believe there ended up being five in first nest. Saw a couple of the adults fly and I think one of the older young ones.
    One group of pines at this site was full of Yellow-rumped Warblers. Must have been close to 100 that I watched fly out as they moved to another grove. Did see a couple of Blackpolls and a Palm also. Many other resident birds singing on the area including Bell's Vireos, YB Chats, Orioles, Bobwhites, etc. Biggest surprise was the two Snow Geese on one of the ponds.

   Saw two Snowy Egrets at Thompson River Wetlands west of town this eve. Got a quick glimpse of what may have been Blue Grosbeak but almost dark by then. Enjoyed listening to Barred Owls and Coyotes. Frogs were almost too loud to enjoy!

  Later, Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co. Mo.