Spent the day bird watching today,starting at Castlewood but only saw 2
Indigo Buntings, one looked picture book perfect though.1st time I've seen
one so immaculate.Lots of Bluebirds in the woods there today.Unusual.
Went on to TGP,storm was coming and the only bird of note I found was a
Coopers Hawk which is probably why there wern't any others.
Went home a bit disappointed but saw Jim's posting of the Red Necked
Phalarope so dashed off to REDA, couldn't find it but did find a S/B
Dowitcher a possible Cspian Tern,also a Meadowlark and 4 B/W Teal.Went
across to Lincoln Shields where the 2 gentlemen in the afforementioned
posting had just discovered the Hudsonian Godwit which they very kindly
pointed out to me.Thank you, thank you ,Also in LShields there were L &G
Yellowlegs and Godwits and after finding my luck had changed I went back
to Ellis Bay and found the R/N Phalarope on a tiny islet a couple of
hundred yards out from the Observation Tower.Thanks Jim.
I had 3 lifers today thanks to the very helpfull Mo Birders.I'm so glad I
found this site 2 weeks ago.Les Jenkins.