Met Clint at Pioneer Forest office in Salem around 4:15 pm this afternoon and we headed out to Terry's House, Terry works for Clint. He and his wife and the neighbors have been seeing the Roadrunner off and on for the last month or so. Terry and his wife pointed to the old dog house in the back yard not 30 feet from the window where they saw it last. In fact all the locals in the area have given him a name, Charlie.

Clint and I then drove down DCR 614 for about 1/4 mile and Clint said I see something over by that small pond,  and there he was. We stopped the car and got out and got great views of the Roadrunner as he would run 200 feet or so and then stop, his long tail would stiffen up and then he would run another 200 feet or so. We watched him for at least 1 full minute before he vanished behind a old vacant barn.

Directions to see the Roadrunner. Take Hwy 32/72 in Salem past the Walmart to the junction of Hwy HH, turn right a go about one mile to DCR 614, turn right, this is a dead end gravel road that runs thru old farms and pasture and this is where we saw Charlie the Roadrunner, and where eveyone sees him. Most folks tell us they see him between 4 pm and 6pm, we saw him at 5pm. Good luck.

If anyone ask just tell them you are looking for Charlie, they will know exactly what you mean.

We then drove out to Shawnee Mac Lakes CA and birded.

Green Heron
Red eyed Vireo
White eyed vireo
Yellow throated vireo
Blue-headed vireo
Great Crested Flycatcher
Least Flycatcher
Acadian Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird
Ruby throated Hummingbird
Rose breasted Grosbeak
Blue Grey Gnatcatcher
Orchard Oriole
Pine Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow throated Warbler
Parula Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
White Crowned Sparrow
Blue Grosbeak
Baltimore Oriole singing back at Pioneer offices.

Hope to see you all in St. Louis.
Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO