From: PAT TODD [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 8:21 PM
To: BUCHHOLZ, Ken
Subject: unusual bird

A friend found a yellow-headed blackbird in his back yard Monday, May
1. I'm sure this isn't the place to report this, but darned if I can
find a place for reports of rare or unusual birds on your site or on
MDC's. Perhaps you can forward.

The bird was discovered in the yard of Al Cox in Piedmont. Al is a
life-long outdoorsman and sharp observer of nature. Further, it
wasn't a quick glance, but the bird was there for a long time.

I have never seen one and have it crossed off in my book as unlikely
for the southeast Ozarks. From the information I have, the bird is
probably off course during migration. But if you have someone
interested in adding it to their list, this may be a chance. Al's
number is 573-223-7812.

(Bob Todd on Pat Todd's computer)
--
Patricia Todd