The RED-NECKED PHALAROPE continues in Ellis Bay on a lone rocky island, 0.6
mile from Heron Pond.
When the Peregrine is not at the Duck Club pond slashing away on a B-W teal
snack, plenty of shorebirds to be seen.
Had Dowitchers, Semi plovers, Dunlin, WILSON'S PHALAROPES, pects, both
yellowlegs, Solitary, Killdeer, etc.
Had a WILLET on one of the rocky outcroppings from the shoreline along
Riverlands Way Rd.
Also had a female Wilson's Phalarope with yellowlegs near-by, but they were
gone in a flash. Probably the birds that got flushed by the Peregrine.

There's decent shorebird habitat left at Linc Shields and approaching into
the "Alton Lake/West Alton Boat ramp area ". Viewed from the Fisherman's
parking lot (parking lot off of west bound Hwy 67) and the West Alton Boat
Ramp.
WELL...... guess I did not look well enough at Linc Shields because there
was a HUDSONIAN GODWIT found there about half hour after I left.........
Birds are moving around, so no telling what will drop in.

Joe Eades had a COMMON TERN around Noon, but I never saw a smaller tern,
just Caspians.
About 12 of them.

Don't know if anyone re-found the sparrows. I did not.

Later,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.