For all I know, TSE would have enjoyed his Inventions of the March Hare
  poem 'Suite Clownesque' placed beside this portrait. Lines from it:

  Here's the comedian again
  With broad dogmatic vest, and nose
  Nose that interrogates the stars,
  Impressive, sceptic, scarlet nose;
  The most expressive, real of men,
  A jellyfish impertinent,
  A jellyfish without repose.

  It's all philosophy and art.
  Nose that interrogates the stars
  Interrogates the audience
  Who still continue in suspense.

  Here's one who has the world at rights
  Here's one who gets away with it
  By simple spreading of the toes,
  A self-embodied role, his soul
  Concentred in his vest and nose.

  Cheers!

  ~ CR

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  A Portrait of T.S. Eliot at John Mitchell's Art Gallery
  at
    http://www.abm-enterprises.net/eliot.htm

  Hi TSE,

  You'll excuse me if this portrait of yours looks rather
  funny to me.  It was in a similar vein that I had laughed
  at to-me-then-monkey-looking uncle Mulk (Dr Mulk RajAnand,
  novelist and art critic) in his Italian corduroy winter-outfit
  in the early Sixties. I'm sure, you'll take it as sportingly as
  did Mulk who once wrote short notes for The Criterion.
  It was on his bookshelves that I first read the FQs
  as an undergraduate.

  Reverentially,

  ~ CR

  P.S.  It's not clear who did this portrait -- nor the context of it.
            To me it looks rather like a photograph of Eliot.
          Are we being taken for a ride, eh??? :)