The Graduate Students of the Department of Germanic Languages and
Literatures at the University of Toronto invite proposals for their 2^nd
Graduate Student Conference to be held Nov. 3rd-5th, 2006 in Toronto,
Canada:

Exploring German Space(s)

What or where is/are German space(s)? Is ‘German space’ even possible,
and what does or would it look or feel like?

We invite papers that in any way investigate the connections between
Germany and space. Topics could include, but are certainly not limited
to the following:

-colonial, exotic, oriental spaces

-spaces in the arts

-queering space

-linguistic spaces

-historical spaces

-visual spaces

-space and identity

-space and gender

-space and theory

We welcome submissions from graduate students in Comparative Literature,
Film Studies, Gender Studies, Fine Arts, Anthropology, Psychology,
History, Economics,
Social Sciences, Literature, Geography, Architecture, Medieval and
Religious Studies. Given the broad scope of the conference, we will also
consider submissions from any
other relevant realm of scholarly inquiry.

200-300 word abstracts should to be submitted to the Organizing
Committee by August 1st, 2006. Please send abstracts to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Presentations
ought to be approximately 20 minutes in duration. It is our intention to
publish a selection of articles (20-30 pages) from the presentations
that address the theme of the conference in a particularly relevant fashion.

--
Jason Lieblang
Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures

+1 416-893-1796