Just a trip list. Delete if uninterested. Note Great-tailed grackles in
McBain (see below).

Several of us birded the KATY trail south from McBain yesterday, and
followed up with a run through Eagle Bluffs. Notables:

Same birds at Eagle Bluffs as reported by the Andersons excepting the
Upland sandpiper, a bird I may never see…

If you’ve ever wanted GREAT looks at Sora, head to Eagle Bluffs and just
scan the flats around the cattails, particularly south of the eagle nest.
At one point we had at least 10 fully visible chasing each other around,
feeding, calling, etc.

Along the KATY trail from McBain to the water treatment cells south we had
various singing migrants in during the non-raining moments including:

GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES – 2 males/1 female back and forth between the dryer
and wetter cells on the west side.

Warblers:
Nashville
Worm-eating
Tennessee
Prothonotary
Yellow-rumped
Palm
Prairie – heard by one group member
Parula
Common yellowthroat
LA waterthrush

Warbling vireo
Red-eyed vireo
Indigo bunting
both orioles
Baird’s sandpiper
both yellowlegs
Least sandpiper
Pectoral sandpiper
Semipalmated plover

And other previously reported or expected species.

Good Birding!
Shane Pruett
Columbia, MO