I was down to Swan Lake NWR, Chariton Co this afternoon after our Grand River Audubon Fieldtrip earlier at Pershing State Park, Linn Co. Myrna will probably post about that later.

   There was lots of activity in Swan Lake Pool, only part of refuge I was at. Highlights were 20 Ibis, all White-faced as far as I could tell. Saw 60 Great Egrets, and many Great Blue Herons, but no other smaller waders. A few Pelicans around and hundreds of shorebirds, mostly way out in the dwindling shallow water. Don't think it will last long without more rain. Most of the shorebirds were Yellowlegs and Pectoral Sandpipers with a few Solitary and Bairds SP and Wilson's Phalaropes. Many Dabblers and several Hooded Mergansers. Several FOY Forester's Terns. An Adult and an Immature Bald Eagle as well as a Peregrine kept things stirred up. Warbling Vireos were singing from the Cottonwoods along the road.

  Later, Steve Kinder
   Chillicothe, Livingston Co. Mo.