I led a group up to Praire Chicken blind a.m., last time this year for me, at Dunn Ranch, Harrison Co. Had 20 males and 3 hens today so still alot of activity. I did some looking around the area later. Many Henslow's and Grasshopper sparrows calling at Dunn, [they were singing at 5a.m.] and also at the MDC part of Pawnee Praire. Watched a female Harrier doing courtship flight display at Pawnee. The Male nearby didn't seem to be too interested, but I thought it was pretty impressive!  Couple of Sedge Wrens, FOY for me, were singing from a low area. Upland Sandpipers calling too and all around at Dunn, plus doing more posing on top of fence posts and utility poles now. An E. Kingbird had made it up to Dunn Ranch yesterday when I got there.  Loggerhead Shrikes are appearing  all around the areas now also. Lots of Pheasants calling, also heard/saw Quail and Turkey.
   Checked the Longspur area and found two lingering Smith's Longspurs same place as before and where first seen 3 weeks ago.

  Conspicously absent were birds that haven't returned yet, such as Bobolinks, Dicksissels, Bell's Vireos, Orioles, Indigos, etc. Guess I'll just have to go back up again later!

  Steve Kinder
   Chillicothe, Livinston Co.