It used to be that you saw Carolina Wrens only in substantially wooded
areas. After very cold winters, it was even hard to find them there.
Recently, the Carolina Wren population has grown so much in my area that I
see them regularly in suburban subdivisions like the one I used to live in.
We are presently moving stuff out of our old home. I went there today to do
some work. I had barely been out of my car for a minute when a Carolina Wren
arrived with a beak full of sticks and investigated one of the wheel wells
of my car for a possible nesting area. A few minutes later, carrying another
bunch of sticks, he or she flew into the house through the open front door.
I had a devil of a time persuading it to leave.

If there are now so many Carolina Wrens that they want to live in the
suburbs, that's OK with me. But they're not welcome in my car or my house!

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri