The AVOCETS were out on the far edge of the mudflats in Ellis Bay by the Dam
near and with the Pelicans.

Joe Eades found 38 WILLETS and then Dave Rogles found 57 WILLETS out at
Linc. Shields.
There were 4 more WILLETS out with the Avocets and two at the Duck hunting
club pool along Confluence Road.
Joe also re-found one PIPING PLOVER.
I found a female WILSON'S PLOVER out in Ellis Bay.
The total species of shorebirds seen by all that I know is 18.
As the cold front was coming through, shorebirds were dropping in here and
there and moving all around.
Those that came/stayed later were hoping for Godwits or Whimbrels to drop
in, but that didn't happen by 6 PM when I left, half frozen because of the
cold, overwhelming winds. Winter is back at REDA.
Gloves and a coat was needed.

BTW,
They were changing the Riverlands Environmental Demonstration Area sign to
the new name today.
Guess I will be forced to use RMBS now. Hard habit to break...........sigh.

 Also had 2 LARK SPARROWS in their regular place at the Katy Trail/Weldon
Springs Access, near the pump station right by the road, before the boatramp
parking lot.
No Painted bunting seen by me.

Good birding,
Charlene Malone......(_zzz_)