Chuck, this is a new Johnson County record!

At 7:20am today, a male Broad-billed Hummingbird came to the feeder next to
my back window.  I observed it for 30 seconds with binoculars before it
flew.  With the bustle of a 5-person household getting ready for work and
school, I didn't have the opportunity to watch for it again, so I have no
idea about the frequency of visits or its return to the feeder.

If anyone wants to try to see it, I'd recommend walking through the gate
next to the garage and sitting on the back patio.  The (only) hummingbird
feeder is located on the raised deck, and hangs next to the window.  A scope
and tripod would give you nice full-frame views if or when it shows.
No rush - stay at your leisure.

My address is 5304 Albervan, Shawnee, KS.  From Johnson Drive, go north on
Pflumm ca. 1 mile.  Albervan will be on the left, just past the red-roofed
barn on the right.  We're about a dozen houses down on the right (the
extreme southeast corner of Lake Quivira is our back yard).  My cell number
is (816) 985-4924 if you have something to report or need assistance.

Thanks, and good luck!

Chris Hobbs