Do we have a similar program ongoing in Missouri?  If not, why not?

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

Greetings, AR-birders!

This email is to let everyone know that we STILL have a need for
search technicians at tower locations in Blytheville, Stuttgart,
Brentwood, Fayetteville, and Springdale for the Spring 2006 field
season.  This is an important project focusing on an immediate
conservation need for Neotropical migrants, but we will never collect
data without searchers at the towers!

If you are available in these areas and are interested in working for
the project, we need you!  If you know of anyone who might be
interested in filling these positions, we need them!  All interested
parties should them contact me at the information listed below as
soon as possible and should provide a list of 3 individuals to serve
as references.  No prior experience with birds is necessary.  Here
are some of the details:

Duties: Conduct searches for dead birds around the bases of selected
towers
Start Date: immediately!
End Date: 17 May 2006
Time: 1.5  2 hours each morning (excluding drive time), Monday
through Friday only
Start time: 15 minutes before sunrise
Wages: $7.00/hour, and some mileage reimbursement
Job requirements: A vehicle, willingness to wake up early, a keen eye
for spotting birds on the ground, and integrity!

Thanks in advance for helping spread the word about this project!

Best,
Erin