Checked on the nest couple of days ago and the two young LEOWs seem to be doing very well. In fact could hardly believe how much they had grown since last week! They must be being fed very well by the parents. The female was still in nest with them and another adult I asume is the Male was seen not far away. It was sitting on same branch I had seen it twice before.
    I talked to the landowner earlier this evening and learned that the severe storms that hit the area in the lastest round spared that location. I was worried the nest might have been blown down or the large hail we experienced in Chillicothe and vicinity might have hit there. All is good so far!

  Saw a couple of Northern Harriers still around near where the LEOWs are so perhaps they may nest too.

   Later, Steve Kinder
   Chillicothe
  Livingston Co, Mo.