  From: Nancy Gish
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 9:43 PM
  Subject: Re: movies

  Yes, the "Merchant of Venice" with Pacino is brilliant, as is he.  I did
  not even recognize it was Pacino at first, and I'm a Pacino fan.  Do see
  it.

  Without giving away anything, one particularly dumb objection I heard
  to "Ladies in Lavender" was the absence of any explanation for what
  happens in the opening.  It's mythic and stunning--not simplistic
  realism.
  Nancy

  >>> [log in to unmask] 4/10/2006 2:10 pm >>>
  Thanks for Ladies in Lavender  this I will add to my movies -to- be-
  seen -when -next -in -the- free -world.
  With those two it is hard to go wrong. (not forgetting Vanessa
  Redgrave)
  Has anyone seen Al Pacino in Merchant of Venice?  - I was told of it
  recently.
  Mike