Quite correct of course - my  source was a copy.  I am led to believe you
are  heavy hearted when thinking  about this.
(sorry, couldn't resist it)

To be fair to Lord Bragg he did say this.  (again a copy)  He should, at
least, be lauded for his sentence construction.

"I said that I wanted books that I could prove had changed, rootedly, the
lives of people all over the land — people on trains, people at airports,
people in clubs and pubs, women who were still campaigning for equality
and enjoying the long-awaited acknowledgment of their right to orgasm,
men who week in week out played, watched, celebrated and discussed a game
so beautifully and simply constructed it remains a masterpiece of
socio-leisure architecture, those who hold religious truths to be
self-evident and those whose conscious and unconscious lives have been
readjusted by the revelations from the Galapagos Islands, the
industrialists and financiers who ride and lubricate international
capitalism calling on the market and free trade as its two true parents,
those whose lives are devoted to seeking freedoms which were given such a
lead in the abolition of the slave trade, those who go to the moon, put
on the light, send a fax, vote in a democratic country, fight for their
rights; those whose daily lives and the reach of whose minds and
ambitions have been transformed by books which set off a shot that rang
around the world. Or words to that effect.

Regards

Mike