Neat poem.
P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: cr mittal
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:41 PM
  Subject: Re: OT: USk Castle

  A coincidence that this poem arrives from the Minstrels just now?
  I'm sorry if it deepens the mood of despair. I never intended it. ~ CR

  Night in Arizona

  The moon is a charring ember
  Dying into the dark;
  Off in the crouching mountains
  Coyotes bark.

  The stars are heavy in heaven,
  Too great for the sky to hold --
  What if they fell and shattered
  The earth with gold?

  No lights are over the mesa,
  The wind is hard and wildd,
  I stand at the darkened window
  And cry like a child.

     -- Sara Teasdale
        (1915)

  cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Usk : of past, present and future

    I shall say it again. Shall I say it again?

    Mesmerizing remnants of history  --
    reminiscent of a whole past
    the likeness of which shall never return,
    except& in humankind's capacity to destroy
    and its monumental facades of defense.
    Shall we prevail against time?
    Against barbarism?  Against destruction?
    Shall civilization endure?
    Disturbing questions.

    Time present and time past
    Are both perhaps present in time future,
    And time future contained in time past.

    ~ CR

    cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
      Mesmerizing remnants of history  -- reminiscent of a whole past the likeness of which shall never return, except in humankind's capacity to desttroy and its monumental facades of defense. Shall we prevail against time? Against barbarism?  Against destruction? Shall civilization endure? Disturbing questions.

      ~ CR

      Callaheidi Fireman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
        http://www.castlewales.com/usk.html

        Have a look at these gorgeous photos,
        CallaHeidi

      http://mail.yahoo.com