AT her age?  Cher looks great at her age, actually. But, back to my  "movies"
theme.  Since we last spoke, it was my husband's turn to rent a  movie and he
rented a movie that wasn't on the list. 40 Year Old Virgin.   Needlsss to
say, I didn't watch it, but I enjoyed haering him laugh from another  room and he
said to me after  that the movie was more "senstive" than one  would assuem
from the previews.   At any rate, iti's my turn and I  said to him "Brokeback
Mouttain" and he raised his esys, and I said, "I've heard  that there's "more
to it" than the previews.  He said fine, that he would  rent it next, but I
could tell that he doesn't intend to wach it with me.   We;ll see.  Actually, the
only movie that we both want to see is "Good  Night and Good Luck," since we
both are into politics and we both love film  noir.
But, back to sex now.

O Florida, Venereal Soil
_Wallace Stevens_ (http://poetry.poetryx.com/poets/73/)

A few things for themselves,

Convolvulus and coral,

Buzzards and live-moss,

Tiestas from the keys,

A few things for themselves,

Florida, venereal soil,

Disclose to the lover.

The dreadful sundry of this world,

The Cuban, Polodowsky,

The Mexican women,

The negro undertaker

Killing the time between corpses

Fishing for crayfish…

Virgin of boorish births,

Swiftly in the nights,

In the porches of Key West,

Behind the bougainvilleas,

After the guitar is asleep,

Lasciviously as the wind,

You come tormenting,

Insatiable,

When you might sit,

A scholar of darkness,

Sequestered over the sea,

Wearing a clear tiara

Of red and blue and red,

Sparkling, solitary, still,

In the high sea-shadow.

Donna, donna, dark,

Stooping in indigo gown

And cloudy constellations,

Conceal yourself or disclose

Fewest things to the lover—

A hand that bears a thick-leaved fruit,

A pungent bloom against your shade.

In a message dated 4/27/2006 7:32:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Peter  Montgomery wrote:

> Sex has been so commodified , so used to  sell everything from lipstick to
> aircraft carriers, that I find it  hard to associate with eroticism.

Aircraft carriers?  There is  that video of Cher straddling a big gun
on a battleship but the sex there  was to sell Cher.

Actually, should I really be  asking?

Regards,
Rick  Parker