No i would say that in general maths and language are
completely unrelated.  As a physicist I have met many
other scientists who were brilliant at maths,
infinitely better than myself, and completely useless
at essay writing, even science reports, which you
would think would not present too much of a language
challange.

I also know a very clever girl who can speak several
languages, and pick up a new one in a few weeks.  She
is however completely useless at maths, and only just
scraped by her GCSE (very basic).

Computer programming bears much more relation to
language than it does to maths.