From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Dunja Seselja
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 4:56 AM
Subject: movies

A great one I've seen a while ago: Off the Map - absolutely amazing movie, capturing all those little moments of art that make you want to see it over and over again...

Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I called my husband on the cell phone yesterday while out during the day and asked what he wanted to do during the evening, as we had no plans.  He said that he already took care of that, that he had went to the video store and took out the new Pride and Prejudice that had just come out on video that I had been longing to see.  Well, it was very sweet of my husband, but it was an extremely poor, pathetic adaptation, and I can't believe that it had been nominated for Academy Awards.  The one before this one, I really loved, the one before that was great also, and the book best of all, but this film was simply awful.  And, this is truth, and not politics. My husband asked me today what I wanted to see the next time he was at the video store, and I couldn't make up my mind between Good Night and Good Luck and that mountain film, Broback Mountain, I think it's called.  Anyone have any great suggestion, keeping in mind that I like thoughtful(but not violent) and that I like romantic(when well done), and comedy only when extremely well done.

Regards,

Kate