Oh I meant here - on this list. (And I'm from Serbia, if that's what your question is about)
Hm, I think the first film I've mentioned - Off The Map - is from 2004 0r 2005, and the second one - Till Human Voices Wake Us - from 2002.
Dunja

Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I haven't seen either of the films you mention or reviews of them.
Maine is not the first to get films, but not very slow either. Are
these both very new? Where is "here"? "There?"
Nancy

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/09/06 10:12 PM >>>
When talking about films... what do people here think of "Till Human
Voices Wake Us", made after Eliot's "Love Song of A.J. Prufrock"?
For me the film is amazing once we take the poem into account (without
it, it can be seen as more or less usual love story, seen during or
after dinner). All of the reviews I've read on the Internet are so
disappointing - they either completely fly over the fact that the film
has a direct link to the poem, or they see it as an unsuccessful
"description" of the poem. But the film is neither of these. As a matter
of fact, it succeeds in capturing some of the crucial moments of the
poem (time and finiteness - in their metaphysical sense) tracing them
down to the ground, and still leaving them out of reach. The story
itself might be simple, but once we consider all those motives of The
Love Song and see their place in the story, it receives a completely new
dimension.

Dunja

Nancy Gish wrote: Both are great films. But if
you want romantic, see Brokeback Mountain.
(Mountains are in it, but they are not the main topic.) Neither is
comedy. Neither is violent. Both are thoughtful.

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/09/06 9:28 PM >>>

I called my husband on the cell phone yesterday while out during the day
and
asked what he wanted to do during the evening, as we had no plans. He
said
that he already took care of that, that he had went to the video store
and
took out the new Pride and Prejudice that had just come out on video
that I had
been longing to see. Well, it was very sweet of my husband, but it was
an
extremely poor, pathetic adaptation, and I can't believe that it had
been
nominated for Academy Awards. The one before this one, I really loved,
the one
before that was great also, and the book best of all, but this film was
simply
awful. And, this is truth, and not politics. My husband asked me today
what
I wanted to see the next time he was at the video store, and I couldn't
make
up my mind between Good Night and Good Luck and that mountain film,
Broback
Mountain, I think it's called. Anyone have any great suggestion,
keeping in
mind that I like thoughtful(but not violent) and that I like
romantic(when
well done), and comedy only when extremely well done.

Regards,

Kate

In a message dated 4/9/2006 5:55:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,